Do you ever feel like some moms just have their wardrobe figured out? I am not one of them.
I spend a lot of time buying and returning clothes in hopes of finding flattering basics. I have yet to unravel the mystery of staples in my wardrobe. In my quest, I asked a few entrepreneurial Westchester Moms in the public eye, for their must-have wardrobe basic. I hope these suggestions help polish up your daily look (and mine)!
1. First up is for all of the nursing mamas out there! Michelle is part of the dynamic mother and daughter duo who have owned Vision of Tomorrow Salon and Spa in Larchmont for 33 years! As a first time mom, she highly recommends this clip down nursing cami which provides flexibility and convenience to nurse anytime. Michelle is also excited about using the tank as a layering piece for fall when she visits the job site of her relocated and upgraded salon.
2. Julieta Torres celebrates small victories daily as she juggles her family and style editor position on The Mom Edit. She is every mom, dancing in the kitchen with her kids but tends to be super stylish while doing it. Her must-have is a long sweater dress (similar to this) which allows her to chase her two boys! If she wants to look less casual, she swaps sneakers out for boots or heels.
3. Before Kids Megan Schinella from Camp by Mama spent years in the fashion industry. Her must-have is this amazing lightweight, nightgown dress. With 16 patterns to choose from, there is truly something for everyone!
4. Melissa Hammam admits momming ain’t easy; especially while running her own social media strategy company. What accessory does she rely on to take her look from the playground to pulled together? This scarf. She loves that it’s an easy way to hide stains from sticky little hands. A total mom win!
5. Marcia Crivorot is my style idol. Although her two children have left the nest, this Brazilian turned New Yorker currently works with countless moms in Westchester as a personal stylist. She suggested this outfit for busy moms: (1) denim jacket; durable and will never go out of style. (2) Ankle length pants; versatile with all shoes and are great for travel. (3) Cool sneakers (4) Scarf; since it’s difficult to wear jewelry with little ones and (5) Cross body bag; practical and hands free for kids
6. No one knows busy quite like Jamie from A Hint of Gold Blog. She juggled blogging and being a new mama all while earning her law degree! What wardrobe must-have got her through it? The long cardigan. Jamie swears by this versatile piece pairing it with everything from athletic wear to a dress for date night. Her current favorite is the on-trend leopard print making her one polished and posh toddler mama.
7. Rosy from MoonLoveMama is happily raising a bilingual family with three girls. Her Instagram stories are filled with clever lunch ideas and super cute re-usable cloth napkins. This smart mama’s wardrobe must-have is these skinny jeans. She loves the versatility of wearing them year round, with sandals or boots, t-shirt or blouses, and even for dates or playing at the park.
8. Kia Hernandez is a plant-based, fitness nutritionist, mom of three who finds time to be fashionable. When she’s not sharing her daily exercise regiment, adventures with her children or the health benefits of the fruit she’s enjoying; she’s out with friends in a good pair of dark denim jeans and neutral leather jacket.
What’s your wardrobe must-have?