This class is taught virtually using Zoom.
Diastasis recti (abdominal separation) and pelvic floor issues are common conditions in postnatal women that can be experienced as back pain, hip pain, core weakness, and pelvic floor pain or weakness. The pelvic floor is the muscles and connective tissue that play some pretty important roles like supporting your organs, stopping any leaks when you cough or sneeze, aiding in sexual pleasure, and so much more.
In this workshop led by women’s health physical therapist Amie Hogan, you will learn:
– How to identify if you may have an abdominal separation
– Proper body mechanics, posture, and how to engage the core in all of your daily movements to support and strengthen your core
– What to include and exclude from your daily movements
– How to strengthen your pelvic floor or address issues with pelvic pain
– Pelvic floor and core-safe guidelines while caring for your child