With Mother’s Day around the corner, families are finding new ways to celebrate moms at home. Whether the family is surprising mom with breakfast in bed or building handmade crafts, Juicy Juice has a selection of activities, crafts, and treats to share!
Surprise Mom with a tasty breakfast in bed made with classic Juicy Juice 100% Juice. This cake serves as a fun meal for the family to prepare and is sure to show mom your appreciation. Instructions:
For the Streusel
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 10-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray.
Make Streusel: Mix flour and light brown sugar in a small bowl. Add butter and blend with clean fingertips until the butter is completely combined into the flour and looks like crumbly sand so that you can squeeze it into clumps (1½ – 2 minutes). Add oats and stir to combine. Set aside.
For the Cake
- ½ cup Juicy Juice® 100% juice, kiwi strawberry flavor
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hulled and sliced fresh or frozen strawberries (sliced into ¼-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (chopped ½-inch pieces)
Egg Mixture: Beat butter sticks and sugar in a mixing bowl with an electric beater until smooth. Scrape bowl and add eggs. Beat until smooth, scraping the bowl once or twice and set aside.
Flour Mixture: In a separate bowl, whisk flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Juice Mixture: Stir Juicy Juice® 100% juice, kiwi strawberry flavor, and vanilla extract in a glass measuring cup.
Beat ½ of the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Add half of the Juicy Juice mixture, and beat to combine. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and juice mixture until batter is smooth. Add the fresh strawberries and rhubarb and stir to combine.
Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the streusel over the cake and transfer the cake to the oven. Bake until the cake is puffed and the top is golden.
Duration: 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Run a knife along the edge before removing pan sides.
For the Icing
- 1 tablespoon Juicy Juice® 100% juice, kiwi strawberry flavor, plus more if desired
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
Stir confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon Juicy Juice® 100% juice, kiwi strawberry flavor in a small bowl. Add more juice if a thinner glaze is desired. Drizzle cooled cake with the glaze just before serving.
Colorful DIY hearts will show mom how much you love her and can be placed in a garden to watch them grow all season long. With only 4 materials, it’s an easy craft for the whole family to do.
- Start by tearing the paper into small pieces.
- Then soak the paper strips in water for about 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes are up, squeeze out the water and place the paper in a blender. Blend until it’s a pulpy consistency.
- Squeeze any last water out of the pulp and grab your silicone mold.
- Fill the silicone molds halfway with the paper pulp. Firmly pack them down by pressing them with your fingers. Sprinkle seeds on the packed pulp.
- Add more paper pulp onto the top of the mold. This will coat your seed bundle with a pulp exterior.
- Allow the bundle to fully dry for about 2-3 days before removing them from the molds. Be careful when removing them and help your little one plant them in the garden.
Download an adorable coloring sheet and customize it on mom’s special day! Show your love with a personalized note to show how much you care.
Gift mom a homemade bouquet with DIY flowers, built at home, and made with love.
- Gather your materials. You will need a fork, a ball of your favorite colored string, a pair of scissors, and green pipe cleaners.
- Place your green pipe cleaner along the length of your fork’s prongs so that approximately 3 inches extend towards the handle. Next, begin wrapping your string around the fork and the pipe cleaner almost as if you’re rolling up a big piece of spaghetti.
- Once you’ve covered most of the fork, snip the string at a point close to the prongs. Next, twist the short end of your pipe cleaner all the way around its longer end to hold your string in place.
- Continue wrapping the entire short end of your pipe cleaner tightly around the longer end. Try to keep it as close to the string as possible to replicate the shape of a real flower’s stem. Once you’ve finished, slide your string and pipe cleaner off the fork.
- Finally, cut your string in half by positioning your scissors in the center of each loop. Then, just spread the strings out to resemble a beautiful flower!
- Now, just replicate the steps above to create a complete bouquet of wonderful flowers. You can even try different colors of string to add even more juicy fun to your creation! Once you’re finished, don’t forget to reward your hard-working little ones with their favorite Juicy Juice® box!
Check out these crafts and recipes on JuicyJuice.com – be sure to tag @JuicyJuiceUSA on social so we can see your creations!