Bring on the merrymaking, decorations, music, parties, and shopping! Fa, la, la, – wait, shopping?! Strolling, latte in hand, casually ogling wonderfully curated holiday displays enjoying the festive music in the background to select gifts I secretly want too. Consequently, managing two businesses plus my family leaves little to no time for the type of shopping I daydream about.
It’s about what’s inside, right? The below list recommends Westchester hotspots and hidden gems that offer products and/or gift cards to indulge in, as well as keeping in mind the price limits of $20-$30 set by most holiday gifting parties – Yankee Swap, White Elephant, or Secret Santa.
Health & Beauty
- Full Blown Westchester – Open Christmas Eve for the last minute Holiday blow-out we all want and deserve.
- Hastings Yoga – Give the gift of breathe, inspiration, and support. Drop-ins are $20, and those new to the studio pay $30 for one week unlimited sessions.
- Nfared – A 30 minute session will make friends feel relaxed, rejuvenated and even a little indulgent.
- Rev Cycle – Popular cycling studio playing today’s hits, located in Ardsley as well as Yonkers. A single ride is $18.
- Boro6 – Two words we all want to hear: date night. Start with a Cosmo and the epic Avocado Toast.
- Bread & Brine – Another great date night option – oysters and bloody Mary’s. Or go down the comfort food route with their house made pretzels and crab dip.
- Campbell Meats – For the carnivores, a charcuterie platter serving 4 at $30. Or dive into their mason jar collection, $10 per jar – highly recommend the chicken liver pate.
- St George Bistro – A gift card here can cover a weeknight two course pre-fixe for $25 or unlimited mimosas or bloody mary’s at brunch for $15.
- Tarry Market – Westchester’s Eataly. As a result your gift card to either the market or restaurant will garner thievery and smiles during your holiday games.
- Brrzaar – Give the gift of warmth this winter, a gift card to indulge in brrzaar’s hot chocolate bar. Or for the busy mom-boss, a gift card means you can schedule your next business lunch at their new Bridge Street location – efficient and delicious.
- Muddy Water – Another cafe-lovers gem. Savor in their coffee, matcha, pastries, tees, WiFi, and cozy Brooklyn-esqe ambiance.
Fashion & Fun
- Blue Hill Market – A gift certificate to the market at Stone Barns helps one splurge on a new cookbook or secret lunch get-away at the cafe.
- Chelsea Dry Goods – Shop and enjoy their well curated selection of must-have kitchen items, pop culture gag gifts, and thoughtful zip code based stationary. Also note, gift-wrapping is available.
- Consign Trilogy – A Westchester fashionista’s hidden treasure. Pick from handmade French hair accessories, non-toxic beauty products, organic tees, crystals or you could also let your fashionable friend find her next outfit with a gift card.
- Haute Hamper – Also for your favorite fashionista, a gift card to the concierge service for all her fashion woes – she can schedule pick up, fit, shoe repair, and cleaning for garments and tapestries.
- Love Leeann – Shop online or book an appointment to shop Leeann’s trending collection of pouches, sunglasses, & kimonos. Gift cards available.
- Maisonette – One of those well-curated stores I day-dream about. Low maintenance wreaths, bar accessories, leather pouches, and further more, holiday candles.
Especially relevant, no one wants just a gift card.
Use your inner joker and creative wrapper to also give the gift of a fun story. However if your creative alter-ego is off sipping egg nog, below are some ideas to achieve wrappers delight:
- Layers – Alternate layers of wrapping papers. A bag, in a bag, inside a bag. Another version, keep boxes that fit inside one another, put your gift in the inner box and wrapping the largest.
- Size Matters – Find a large box or bag, weight with something inexpensive (rocks, dirt, or sand in a sandwich bag).
- Disguise – Bury that blow out gift card in a cereal box. Put that cycling gift card in a box of chocolates. Maybe unroll a couple sheets from a paper towel roll and tuck that concierge dry cleaning gift card in with a note about extra help needed to clean up those holiday messes.
Tis’ the season – How do you get creative with holiday wrapping?
Still not finding the perfect gift? Read for more great ideas!
Working on gifts for the kiddos? I recommend our Trendy Toy Blog!